Monday, October 25, 2010

Meatloaf and Malyk

Is there a reason my 9 year old doesn't want to eat? Well, no, let me rephrase that. My 9 year old wants to eat, but he only wants to eat a handful of things, like chicken nuggets, pizza, bologna sandwiches, spaghettios (with meatballs of course), peanut butter and jelly and pop tarts. I'm no nutritionist, but I don't think that many nutrients are contained in those foods. It is really driving me nuts that he won't eat what we cook for dinner. Maybe that's the reason he's only in the 30% in height for his age...

So, for example, tonight Adrian made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, macaroni and cheese, and peas and corn for dinner. I thought it was yummy. Adrian thought it was yummy. Malyk acted as if we were literally asking him to torture himself by eating this. Okay, I understand meatloaf and veggies are not kids favorite food items, but macaroni and cheese?! Come on now, Malyk! Who doesn't like macaroni and cheese!

So...we made him sit at the table for at least a good hour, trying to tell him he couldn't get up until he ate. Eventually we just sent him to shower and get in the bed. So he hasn't ate dinner, which I know he won't die from or anything, but he can't keep this up for too long or he really will be torturing himself.

It's very frustrating. I told him there are kids starving in the world that would love his dinner. He said "Why can't we just ship this to them then?" GRRRR!!!

I'll try again at dinner tomorrow. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! Wish I could help, but I have always loved to eat, look at me, lol.

    PS he might get his height from his mom, lol j/k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be patient! He's a kid! You didn't like everything I fixed back in the day!

    ReplyDelete